Monday, March 19, 2012

love. Guilt Free Chocolate Banana Pudding

So today, I am linking up with Jessica from  Lovely Little Things for Smell the Roses.



This weeks task was to try out a new recipe. 

There is one thing you should know about me- Sometimes the creative juices just start flowing and I launch myself into a new project. Its part of my ISTP personality (yes, I did just figure out my meyers briggs). Anyway, Instead of trying a new recipe- I created my own! 

Here it is: Nicole's Guilt Free (yet quite tasty) Chocolate Banana Pudding



Here is what you will need:
1 Ghirardelli 100% cacao chocolate bar if you dont like super dark chocolate then go with maybe 60%
1 can of coconut milk
2-3 bananas that are super brown (the bananas are used as a natural sweetener to the chocolate, so use accordingly and to your taste- I happen to like super dark chocolate) 
Bananas for toppings


Step 1) Melt all of the chocolate in your coconut milk over medium heat on stovetop.

It will end up looking like this.

Step 2) Take you bananas and mooch them up

Add those bananas into the mix. At this point you may want to turn your heat down to simmer and just mix it together for about 3 minutes. 

Step 3) Immediately blend your chocolaty concoction. I recommend blending 1/2 to 1/3 at a time to get the smoothest results. 

Step 4) Put the pudding into a container (with lid) and store in the refrigerator over night to cool. (but if you are impatient like me, try putting it in the freezer for an hour and then see how you like it.) 

Step 5) Serve with cut up bananas (it serves as great decoration and also balance to the rich chocolate.) 


Thats all for now. I hope that you enjoy this pudding. I love it because it is 100% natural with ingredients that your body will thank you for eating! 

Happy Monday!!! 


Lovely Little Things 

2 comments:

  1. That pudding looks so yummy!!

    I will def have to try it one day :)

    Have a great week!

    <3 Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!
    THIS STUFF LOOKS AMAZING!
    And not even all that bad for you either.

    Go you!
    I'm definitely saving this recipe and trying it sometime...probably this summer :)

    Thanks for linking up, girl!
    xo

    ReplyDelete